Playhouse Theatre Group, Inc is hiring a Box Office Manager & Registrar for Playhouse on Park and Playhouse Theatre Academy, respectively. This is one full-time position with two sets of responsibilities totalling 40 hours weekly. Annual salary begins at $35,000, commensurate with administrative experience. Applicants from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ideal applicant is a highly organized individual with a passion for live theater & theater education.
The Box Office Manager & Playhouse Theatre Academy Registrar are the face of both organizations. This position will be split between managing the Box Office at Playhouse on Park and being the lead administrative support for Playhouse Theatre Academy & Playhouse Theatre Group’s Literature Alive program. The ratio of hours for Registrar & Box Office Manager will vary from week to week. Hours will vary, including sometimes during business hours, sometimes during performance times, often evenings & weekends, and always during education classes, which tend to be in the after-school time slot.
The Box Office Manager position reports directly to the Executive Director, and the Registrar position reports to both the Executive Director & Director of Education.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Mollie Cook at MCook@PlayhouseTheatreGroup.org.
● At least three years in an administrative position OR a strong background in theater or theater
● Enviable organizational skills
● Familiarity & confidence with computers, including Microsoft Office & Google Suite
● Ability to learn new technology & software systems quickly
● Strong problem solving skills
● Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to work under pressure
● Firm but kind staff management
● Flexible availability
● Driver’s License & car
● Experience with iOS
● Experience in ticketing and CRM systems
● Experience with children
Playhouse on Park seeks teaching artists in the fields of Theatre and Musical Theatre. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to teach weekly in-person and online classes for Playhouse Theatre Academy to students ages 4-18, as well as after school programming to local elementary students. Teaching artists are responsible for creating their own lesson content and preparing any necessary materials for their classes in coordination with the Director of Education, as well as preparing students for an informal share day at the end of each semester.
Ideal teaching artist candidates will...
• be motivated, energetic, and organized
• be able to work locally in the Greater Hartford area.
• have a strong professional background in acting and/or and musical theatre; music directing ability is a plus!
• have experience teaching online, as well as teaching in-person and online simultaneously. Assistance will be provided in this model.
• have experience teaching children ages 4-18, preferably in an urban school setting; qualified to be a strong role model for inner-city youth.
• have experience in rehearsing and directing/choreographing performances.
• have a passion for teaching literacy content to young people through the performing arts. Playhouse on Park is committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse community that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or ability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Michael Hinton, Interim Education Director
Playhouse on Park seeks a part time volunteer "handyman" - could trade time for a couple of season tickets. We need someone capable of taking care of general building maintenance and minor repairs (carpentry, plumbing, painting, special projects, cleaning). For more information, contact Tracy Flater firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-523-5900 ext 10.